|Territory dispute: Lord Nazir calls for lasting solution of Kashmir dispute|
09 September 2013
Former British parliamentarian Lord Nazir Ahmed visited the areas near Line of Control (LoC) in Nakyal sector where persistent shelling by the Indian Army continues for the last two months. Lord Nazir also visited the camp of displaced persons set up in Nakyal and met them.
Talking to The Express Tribune, Lord Nazir said that an emergency meeting of All Parties Parliamentarians Kashmir Group (APPKG) would be called to discuss the unprovoked firing of Indian army upon the population on the LoC.
Ceasefire violation is a matter of serious concern for the whole world community and APPKG in UK would pass a resolution to condemn the incessant shelling of Indian forces on the civil population, Lord Ahmed said.
He said international community and the United Kingdom should come forward to stop the Indian aggression on the LoC which may put the South Asian peace at stake.
Lord Nazir said that the Kashmir dispute must be resolved to bring tranquility in the region; further delay in that may push Pakistan and India towards a nuclear war.
The long-standing Jammu and Kashmir dispute between India and Pakistan is recognised by the United Nations (UN) resolutions and it is the moral duty of the global human rights bodies and forums to put pressure over Pakistan and India to settle the dispute once and for all to make South Asia peaceful and prosperous, Lord Nazir added.
Lord Nazir grilled the government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK) for not paying proper attention to the victims of LoC firing in Nakyal camps.
He stated that the millions of rupees that the AJK government is collecting through Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Cell (JKLC) must reach the poor victims but the money is being used to benefit party workers and, ironically, a few ‘coordinators’ living in London are receiving regular salaries from the Cell, Lord Nazir observed.
The National Assembly (NA) of Pakistan has passed a resolution to condemn the Indian firing on LoC the AJK government has not summoned the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly session to condemn the unprovoked shelling of Indian troops on the civil population near LoC, Lord Nazir opined.
He further said that no one from the AJK government, not even Prime Minister Chaudhry Abdul Majeed, has so far visited to the firing-hit areas in the Nakyal sector, and that shows how sincere Majeed’s government is with the Kashmir cause and the people affected by the Indian firing.
Lord Nazir Ahmed said the AJK government has totally failed to rehabilitate the Mangla Dam affected people which is another example of the failure of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government in AJK.
Regarding the concert conducted by Zubin Mehta in Srinagar on Saturday despite the Kashmiri people’s objections, Lord Nazir said it would allows Indians to mislead the world community that normalcy has returned to the disputed territory.
Prior to organising the concert, the Germans should have kept the disputed status of occupied Kashmir in mind and, obviously, the Kashmiris living across the globe are unhappy with this politically motivated agenda and New Delhi-backed concert would undermine the legitimate struggle of the right of self-determination, Lord Nazir Ahmed concluded.
Source: The Express Tribune
|See Also in Political News|
|Power outages planned to be cut by half from November|
24 September 2016
ISLAMABAD: The government has decided to cut power outages by half from November this year under a new three-year supply management plan for the consumers paying their electricity bills regularly, documents show.
However, the consumers in areas where payments for electricity consumption are low or power theft is running high will not get any relief under the plan.
K-Electric, which serves the consumers of Karachi, has already applied this formula which is now being adopted by power ... Full Story
|Millions of Rupees Embezzled from PM?s Loan Scheme|
22 September 2016
National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) staff is being accused of embezzling millions of rupees from Prime Minister?s Loan Scheme by opening dummy bank accounts, reports Express Tribune.
The loan scheme was launched in December 2013 which provided loans up to Rs. 2 million to applicants. On August 19th, the PM?s office released a statement regarding this matter. It expressed PM Nawaz?s displeasure towards NBP?s implementation of the scheme.
This is not the first time NBP are ... Full Story
|Bahamas files leaks expose politicians' offshore links|
22 September 2016
Release of 1.3m files reveals business dealings of home secretary Amber Rudd and former EU commissioner Neelie Kroes
In the digital age, offshore secrets are hard to keep. In its latest revelations, the Guardian is publishing investigations based on the leak of 1.3m internal files from the company register of the Bahamas, one of the world?s most notorious tax havens.
The data has brought to light details of the financial interests of politicians, entrepreneurs, financiers ? and ... Full Story
|PTI central leadership decides Raiwind March is must|
15 September 2016
BANI GALA: A meeting of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)?s central leaders has on Sunday decided that Raiwind March must be carried out, ARY News reported.
The decision has been ... Full Story
|Dacoits Attacked This Man From Lahore on Motorway, The Way Police Reacted Will Leave You Speechless|
10 September 2016
Islamabad is said to be one of the safest cities in Pakistan and there is no doubt about it. As the capital of city, the security conditions in Islamabad are much better, compared ... Full Story
|To fight tax dodging, Denmark will buy leaked Panama Papers|
08 September 2016
COPENHAGEN: Denmark?s taxation minister says authorities will buy leaked data from a Panamanian law firm that helped customers open offshore companies to avoid paying taxes. ... Full Story
|Obama nominates Pakistani-American as first ever Muslim federal judge|
07 September 2016
US President Barack Obama on Tuesday nominated Abid Qureshi, the first Muslim-American, to serve as judge on the federal judiciary, Huffington Post reported.
This is the first ... Full Story
|Reshma Qureshi: From Acid Attack Survivor to a New York Fashion Model|
07 September 2016
World, meet your newest superwoman: 19-year-old Reshma Banoo Qureshi.
Qureshi was 17-years-old when her brother-in-law attacked her with acid, disfiguring her face and body. ... Full Story